Event Director, Hampshire
We are looking for: An exceptional Event Director to join the senior team of this established, creative and respected agency who would be as comfortable being in a field as in a board room and is so organised they use a spreadsheet for their weekly shopping list! If this is you then read on:
A bit about us:
Founded in 2003 we deliver nearly 100 events from our small but mighty team of hardworking and fun individuals through our two brands.
Crescendo is our original business and as the tailored events agency, we craft each and every event…whether a conference, executive bespoke retreat, incentive or celebration…to perfectly fit the objectives, audience and ethos of our clients.
Fruitful is our team interactions business – which sees us designing, building and delivering world class products for some of the most exciting brands out there!
We have come a long way since our inception in 2003 and have faced the challenges of the last 12 months with great resilience; successfully building a strong proposition in the virtual world, whilst winning new clients we are now seeing the return of our live events once again and are using this strong base to build the senior team to deliver our vision and 5-year plan.
The Event Director role sits on our leadership team – heading up the event team and being responsible for the delivery of our creative and varied event offering. Client obsessed and instinctively taking the lead on the delegate journey and logistics, finding interesting and creative solutions for our larger tailored events, as well as being a driving force in developing the products and services for our team interactions business. The role will be responsible for all aspects of our events of varying sizes and be responsible for on-going client account management and development, including identifying and delivering new opportunities and being able to cross market between the two brands.
This role will see you roll up your sleeves and lead the events and projects whilst working closely with our senior team of Creative Director, Operations Director, Production Partner and CEO, whilst recruiting, developing and nurturing your own team and being able to streamline the processes and systems within this small but busy agency; helping the efficient delivery of up to 100 events per annum, whilst ensuring the right clients keep coming back for more!
The role is based near Hook in Hampshire but will require travel.
We look at the person at Crescendo – and those who will fit in with our friendly, hardworking, considerate and committed team. We strive to create an inspired culture where anything is possible. Where pride, independence and respect are treasured, and each team member and client are respected as an individual.
- Support the CEO, Operations Director and the events team in developing an in-depth understanding of our clients with the ability to drive excellent relationships and client satisfaction
- Being responsible for driving proposals for clients – with a real eye for detail and creativity.
- Being comfortable in leading calls, communications and meetings to lead a project, an event and an account
- Be able to identify and sell events within our existing client base whilst seeking out further opportunities and delivering to higher-than-average GP levels by delivering exceptional service and best in class solutions
- Find creative and fun ways to realise and improve the delegate journey
- Be able to represent and confidently present ideas and concepts to clients, partners and suppliers
- Be obsessed by positive feedback
- Be a natural project lead agreeing critical paths and milestones, ensuring these are followed, maintained and meet the expectations of the client and the other areas of the business
- Deliver to high standards following and enhancing our operational and financial management systems and procedures
- Manage freelance project teams, during pre-production and on site, to ensure high standards and are made to feel part of the Crescendo family
- Being proactive with feedback – designing debriefs across the business from client, to suppliers, publishing reports and sharing best practice
- Work across the team on venue searches ensuring fit for purpose
- Work very closely with suppliers and partner relationships
- Be fanatical about data – whether the registration system, the CRM system or our bespoke operations system – maintain, develop and be data lead and conscious
- Driving and inspiring the team to be the best they can be whilst making sure they feel treasured
- Drive a vision for the department with clear milestones whilst managing holiday sign off, mentoring, coaching, monthly catch ups, reviews and escalations. Identifying areas for improving efficiency
- On-site and virtual event delivery – UK and overseas. Sometimes working weekends and evenings as required.
- A natural leader and top of their game, their curiosity and intrigue in people and experiences will make them stand out – with the ability to direct, manage and mentor, with exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Can manage complex budgets (£1m+)
- Experience of running virtual events in an agency environment
- Expert experience and knowledge of all workings of the event process and world; from venues to countries, F&B, logistics, registrations websites, transportation, entertainment
- Have a formidable network of clients, suppliers and potential partners and be able to run critical supplier relationships
- Cool under pressure and able to keep their sense of humour whilst delivering a high level of accuracy and adhere to high standards of quality when working to tight deadlines
- Exceptional IT skills and a love of learning and exploration – proficient and experienced user of Microsoft Office suite is essential, particularly Outlook & Excel
- A strong track record in designing, positioning and delivering complex events for major corporates and high-profile brands
- Exceptional prioritisation skills
- Knowledge of team activities and a real passion to design and deliver new and exciting products both online and face to face
How to apply: Please send your CV, covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partners